Thursday, January 15, 2009

Been a few

Well it's been a few days since my last post, damn thos long work days!!!!!!!!!!
Got to say poker wasn't to friendly to me when I played after work, nothing ever seemed to fall my way. Out of 6 games I made a minor cash in one, that really didn't help me none.

Wed. turned out to be an alright day for me. It's my first night off this week. I got up early to play in a few games, RMR, PR game, FR. The RMR was up first and again I remember why I hate limit hold em'. I just can't seem to get things to go my way and raising just seems pointless as you'll always seem to get 4 or more callers! Needless to say I didn't do well in that game.

The PR game was next, and that whole game I was shortstack 99% of the time, but I managed to squeeze out a 2nd place finish taking a nice lil payday with me :D

The FR came up and it was HORSE. I've been getting better at that game, I just tend to not play during the holdem part, lol. 97 got ITM and with 140 left I was sitting pretty good, but I had to leave and go to the store to get food. So I left, did what I had to do then came back. By the time I got back up here I was out, but I finished 39th!!! lmao

Played a few $2 games that didn't go well, and 1 $3 K.O. game in which I finished 7th.

I did a lot of studying this week and a lot of watching vids. Didn't do any of that tonight, but I will tomorrow.

Ending BR: $732.84

1 comment:

  1. Limit is tough. Flop play is so terribly crucial. That's why position is critical. I find that in tournaments where waiting around for hands kills you, I raise a lot of drawing hands pre-flop and do a lot of checking behind post flop. I try to keep bets out of the pot in marginal situations that I'd want to bet into in a cash game. Tourneys are such a different game than cash.

    ReplyDelete