Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 5 of the Quest

Well today started like most of my days where I actually have time to play poker. I got up just in time to enter into a couple of private tournaments and fish around for a Pro or two to join up in Protection money. Man I tell ya, fulltilt sure is something else. I got my chat banned for like 10 min for asking pro's to join me in a private game. I guess they consider it spamming the table. What I find funny is, that I once asked fulltilt what was the best way to get a pro into a private game and talk to them and their exact answer was "The best way to engage a pro is to find them at the tables and either sit and play with them or engage the through observer chat. If you wish them to play in a private game then ask them at the tables." Now I do exactly that and they ban my chat for 10 min? lmao what a joke.

So anyways, on to the games of the day, lol. Well my first 2 games I played quite well. However, as usual something just doesn't go my way. In protection money we are 1 from the final table blind 200/400 I think, and I'm sitting with about 3.8k when I pick up AK in middle position. It's folded to me and I do what I'm supposed to do, I push all in. It's folded around to the BB who will have to risk everything but 400 chips to call, and of course he calls wth A6 off. Flop came J6J and the rest didn't matter for me I was gone with no money :(

In the villadiego things went a little better, my AK didn't get busted by A/rag until after I made the money, lol.

I'll never understand how people can risk entire stacks on A/rag just cuz someone pushes all in. I've been seeing more and more of that lately, especially in private games and it's just bad poker if you ask me.

Well after those two games it was time to head downstairs and hang with the family for a bit. We watched some t.v. and did some other things here and there. Then next thing I know everyone but me is asleep, lol. Back to poker I guess.

The rest of the night went alright, placed ITM in quite a few, not making a ton, but a profit none the less. Spent some time watching Daniel Negreanu on Small Ball poker, need to watch and rewatch those. Just a lot of good good info there.

So I look back at where I started this week $575 and today's ending BR: $610.33
and I see that I'm about $27 short of where I need to be at this tme. Considering some of the set backs I had this week it's not bad, but I definately need to improve on that, and obviously I now have some catching up to do.

Day 5 BR: $610.33

No comments:

Post a Comment